Paris – the city of light
This is Paris: fresh croissants and baguettes on every corner, fragrant coffee pouring out of quaint cafés, highly fashionable people in striped tops – that’s how I always imagined Paris.
And the truth is: it’s exactly like that! The city has precisely this enchanting flair, like a film of Jean-Pierre Jeunet, the director of “Amelie Poulain.”
Today, our local Parisian guides give us some tips to enjoy a free walking tour Paris, a self-guided walking tour Paris and some of the best Paris walking tours English guides.
Are you ready to discover the city of love? Pick up your Paris walking tour map, and let’s start.
Paris is a fantastic city, and there is so much to discover.
Here, you can choose from hundreds of city tours such as the Sandemans’ walking tour Paris, a free walking tour of Montmartre Paris, Paris food walking tour gourmet, Paris free historical walking tour, Paris street art walking tour, etc. The options seem endless, and you can also decide to go for a free walking tour Paris “en francais,” in English, Deutsch, Espanol … and so on!
But to best enjoy the city of lights and discover Paris the right way, opt for the best Parisian local guides and the proper Paris in person walking tour!
A walking tour of Paris is the best way to see all the main tourist attractions and sites. This way, you can see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame du Sacré Coeur, the Louvre and Mona Lisa, the Tour of Montmartre, the Moulin Rouge, as well as some hidden gems that only locals will know. So follow your local guide and enjoy full days of visits and discoveries.
Tours in Paris
To assess which sights you have to see on a weekend trip, our local tour guides in Paris have prepared some unique options and 2 great walking tour Paris.
Walking tour Paris: Itinerary #1
- We suggest starting with the Eiffel Tower. The view from Trocadero square is excellent, but you need to head to the top to get a unique city view.
- Don’t miss the pleasure of strolling along the Seine on the river tour. Ships are located near the Eiffel Tower, and you can use this link to purchase tickets in advance.
- After cruising the Seine, go to the Eiffel Tower and then to the Trocadéro. It is where you will find the closest subway station to the Eiffel Tower.
- You are now back to the Eiffel Tower and Trocadéro. Now go under the Eiffel Tower to the green grass of the Field of Mars. Here you can have lunch and take lovely photos.
- After a nice break on the Champ de Mars, head to the École Militaire. Turn left and then went straight until you come to Les Invalides. Keep walking towards the Seine. You will see the most beautiful bridge in Paris, the bridge of the Russian Emperor Alexander III.
- Keep walking straight, and you will see the Grand Palais and the Petit Palais and arrive at the Champs-Élysées.
Place de la Concorde is on your right and Arc de Triomphe on your left, which you can easily reach.
- You can do all of this on foot, and you will see many exciting things along the way. If you take your time, you can window shop the Champs-Élysées or even go into the shops.
Insiders’ tip: If you don’t have enough time or don’t like walking, there is an easy metro route to choose from.
Discover Paris: Itinerary #2
- Start your city tour with a walking tour of Notre-Dame. On the Seine’s right bank, just two steps from the great cathedral are the Paris City Hall and the center for modern art: the Centre Pompidou.
- After Pompidou, you can continue to the Louvre. Just walk down Rue de Rivoli and the Louvre is between the Seine and Rue de Rivoli.
Even if you don’t have time to visit the museum, go to the courtyard and enjoy the pyramid.
- If you keep walking, you will come to the Jardin des Tuileries, and on the left bank of the Seine, across from the Tuileries, is the Impressionist Musée d’Orsay.
- If you continue through the gardens, you will come to the Place de la Concorde to admire the obelisk.
Insiders’ tip: You can go to Montmartre from the Concorde metro station. Just get on line #12 to Abbesses station.
Paris is not a very big city. You can visit all the major sights in two days on foot and with the metro—no need to hurry. Enjoy your walking tour Paris!
Riviera Bar Crawls & Tours is a travel specialist with expertise in events, parties, and walking tours on the French Riviera.
Over the years, we have developed a new network of local guides and walking tours in Paris and other cities to propose a modern and privileged way to discover new cites and places.
Join us and get to meet locals all around Europe!
For further enquires and information, don’t hesitate to get in contact with us via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org